Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Clarification!!!!

Friends comment that Joanne or Mae (whichever you call me) I am ALWAYS on FB (Facebook). No, I don't sit at my computer anxiously waiting for someone to respond to my status or comment on what I posted. I do something on FB, get up, do something, and if I happen to walk by the computer room (which I always do b/c it's next to the room where I study)...I check. True, I always update my status, but what a clever way to express your very thought and that very moment...to people who probably don't give a rat's cheese about what's on my mind. I'm an expressive person, and let's face it, Joanne is not a phone person. In fact, my phone has not worked for 3 weeks, and have I taken the effort to really take care of the situation? No-not really. I'm sure I have gazillions of texts and voice-mails. If you think I am addicted to FB, then so be it. I am addicted, but I like FB for many reasons. As cliche as it does sound, it does connect you with people - people who you might not normally keep in contact with. Dare I say, you get to know people a little more through FB. Shoot - Jehnel (my neice-in-law) has probably gotten to know me better through FB than face to face in this past year. It's easier to communicate who you are or how you feel sometimes through written language than it is to verbally express yourself (Verbal expression is just as good). I am sure some of you - and you know who you are - would be less obliged to say what you have said to me if it were not in written form....and the same goes for me. That is what I enjoy about writing ....I can read the words over and over again...and as I do, those feelings come to me as if it were the first time I were reading it (I'm obviously referring to more in depth writing than just FB statuses but you get the picture.). Sigh, I digress. In retrospect, if I weren't on FB ...no one would hear from me. I mean, some of my friends get worried when I haven't had "Joanne Activity" in 3 days. Who knows maybe I'll just "blog" now instead of update my FB statuses...I'm sure I'll hear complaints on that end too. I shall step of my soapbox, dust my shoulders off.........and Facebook! (wink).
Ingat, me.

2 comments:

  1. I mean "...*off my soapbox...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think because of this blog, you & I should definitely hang out more in person. Haha. Btw...we need to plan No-No's party! It's in less than three months! Ah mah gah! Invites need to be sent out next month! AHHHH! Shet.

    ReplyDelete